Each After School Program Participant must review, sign, and adhere to the DSU Code of Conduct. Download DSU Code of Conduct
DSU Program and Event Participant Rights
Duxbury Student Union values and supports every participant in our after school programs and special events. The DSU pledges to protect the right of all participants to:
- Take part in interesting programs and activities
- Be treated in a courteous, consistent and professional manner
- Be expressive and creative without judgment
- Be treated with dignity and respect by other participants
- Participate in a safe, supervised and clean environment
DSU Code of Conduct:
The DSU Code of Conduct ensures safety and enjoyment for all participants:
- All youth must adhere to the DSU rules at all times.
- Alden Participants must sign in with youth counselors and demonstrate calm/respectful behavior in the Alden Lobby (no opening backpacks, no electronics, no phones.) Transition to DSU must be orderly, no running, remain on sidewalks. All Alden participants will be supervised during the transition.
- Alden Participants are released only to parent or authorized guardian at pick-up, unless other dismissal plan is provided in writing by parent.
- DMS Participants must check-in upon arrival at DSU and checkout upon departure each day.
- No abuse or mistreatment (verbal and/or physical) of DSU equipment, facilities, staff, other participants, visitors, and volunteers.
- All youth must wear shirts, shoes and/or sneakers at all times; appropriate attire is expected at all youth functions
- Youth must sign-up for computer usage and adhere to sharing policies
- No running, wrestling or horseplay inside/outside of facilities
- Eating and drinking is allowed only on the main floor.
- All rights of others must be respected.
- No tobacco products allowed. Smoking, exchanging of tobacco or drugs are not permitted on property/facilities.
- No inappropriate language, behavior, or excessive arguing
- Electronics including iPods, iPads, computers, cell phones and other devices are best kept at home or in backpacks; all youth have access to house phone at any time
- Deposit all litter into the containers provided. Recycle all glass, paper, and aluminum in the proper containers.
- Respect the property of all participants. Theft will not be tolerated.
DSU staff has the right to rule on any area not specifically covered above.
Penalties for Infractions:
DSU youth counselors are here to provide a safe, enjoyable place for learning, exploration, and fun. We encourage positive teamwork within DSU rules for all involved at all times. Infractions may result in immediate dismissal from DSU After School Programs or Events. The Executive Director will contact the parent or guardian. All program fees will be forfeited.