It’s a place where they get to try new things, make friends of all ages, experience successes, skin their knees, feel accepted, and have a ton of fun – all in a place totally dedicated to their well-being.
- Sure kids love to eat brownies, but at DSU they also learn to bake them! They bake them, package them, set goals and deliver 75 dozen brownies to families in need during the holidays for the Duxbury Interfaith Council baskets.
- Watch a movie or video? You can do that anywhere, but here, YOU make the movie! Kids can learn to write a script, design a wardrobe, go on location, film, edit, produce and preview videos in front of their peers.
- Got homework? Doesn’t everybody? There’s nothing like an “a-ha!” moment at DSU! That a-ha moment comes when kids get FREE tutoring and homework help with the DSU staff and National Honors Society students.
- Where’s the big backyard of twenty years ago? It’s here at DSU! Kids take part in daily pickup games: soccer, pickle, flag football, volleyball, floor hockey, ping pong. Kids create the rules and everyone agrees. No coaches, no parents on the sidelines, no winners, no losers. Playing for fun is the only requirement.
- When was the last time you shredded on an air guitar, belted out a tune on karaoke or danced your face off? It was probably at a DSU! Evening events and dances are fun but even better when you get to plan out all the details…the theme, decorations, food, playlist, prizes and enjoy the success and kudos from friends.
Every day at DSU is a chance to hang out, enjoy social interactions where you don’t have to call ahead or text to meet. Had a bad day at school? Your friends, peers and caring staff are here to welcome you!
Did you know that an Alden After School Program is only $3 a day and a DMS After School Program is less than $7 a week? Find out more by clicking on the links below or Join Now!: